“But Queen Vashti refused to come at the king’s command that was delivered by his eunuchs. The king became furious and his anger burned within him.”
Reading through chapter one
- Vashti refused because she wanted to keep her dignity. The king was clearly off his wagon when the request was made
- The King became angry saw it as an act of defiance.
- Sometimes when we stand for something we believe in we loose.
But it doesn’t mean God is not working it out on our behalf.
2 things I learned about Vashti.
- Chapter one says she was very beautiful
- She clearly had a great deal of self respect for herself.
Although her choice to not appear before the king and his friends cost her the crown, she did not put herself in that position.
Makes me think………